Long Island's Professional Training and Boarding Kennel for Your Pet
What You Need to Know about Quail Run Kennels
• All dogs must be on a leash when arriving at the kennel and cats must be in carriers.
• All pets must have up to date inoculations. Veterinarian certificate required upon arrival. If your pet requires an update on his inoculations we request you visit your vet at least 10 days prior to arrival at the kennel if possible. This to avoid contact with a sick animal and having your pet spread any illness to our other guests.
• We encourage you to bring your pet as early in the day as possible.
• Tours of the kennel are welcome at any time during regular business hours but no one is allowed to walk around the kennel property without being accompanied by a staff member. During tours parents must hold the hand of young children. NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO COME IN CONTACT WITH ANY DOG IN THE KENNEL. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PET ANY DOG OR STICK YOUR FINGERS IN THE GATES.
• Please advise us if your dog is aggressive or does not liked to be picked up as we bathe dogs that are with us for more than 5 days and we must pick them up to put them in the bathtub.
• Please notify us if your pet has been in the dog pound within the previous 10 days.
• Payment by personal check or cash only. No credit, debit cards or plastic of any kind.
• Please respect our business hours; it is not fair to ask a staff member to arrive early or remain after their working hours to accommodate special requests. MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY and FRIDAY-9-4; SATURDAY, 10-4, and SUNDAY, 11-3. CLOSED Wednesdays.
• If you cannot pick up your pet on his scheduled day of departure, you must notify the kennel to see if we have room to keep him longer. If you wish to pick up your pet prior to his reserved departure date we would appreciate 24 to 48 hour prior notice so we can schedule his bath.
• If you change your plans and will not be boarding your pet. please notify us so we can give your space to another client who may have been turned away because the kennel was full.
• All children must be quiet and supervised while on kennel property. Yelling and running upsets and excites all the dogs.
• Please remember to bring your leash and collar when you come to pick up your dog.
• During holidays (whenever schools are closed for vacation) there are minimum charges. Although we do not raise our prices during holidays, we do have minimum stay requirements that vary depending upon the length of the holiday.
• Checkout time is 12:00 noon... if you pick up your pet before noon there is no charge for that day, otherwise you are charged for the day.
• Your courtesy and cooperation are appreciated.